28 May 2011

Naval & Coastie Impact of Climate Change (Read, rUn FoR tEh H1LLs!)

I'm assuming you haven't heard that there is a recession (or great correction), two active wars, and now a third conflict, all the while our fearless leader actually did something militarily productive (get OBL), but you should run for the hills now while there is still a chance.  Oh, and when you arrive upon the hill, contact your Congressman and Senators and demand funding for a Navy installation or a Coast Guard facility. 

The lunacy of global warming (errr, climate change) is now becoming a concern about its impact (or realistic non-impact) on strategic national defense.  This according to the National Research Council and projected in the Military Times from 3/10/11 (yeah, I know it is way over a month old).  Heaven forbid that the Goreacle can't save us from the rising sea levels by 2030 and great floods ruin bases like Norfolk, San Diego, or Kodiak!  It would be TEOTWAWKI!  RUN!  SAVE OUR NAVY!  SAVE OUR COAST GUARD!

Or, do what I did a couple weekends ago and grab a fishing pole, a good boat, go fishing, and wave at the friendly Coasties as they patrol our territorial waters and perform safety checks, Homeland Security, and (hopefully not on me) rescue operations.  I mean, I'd much prefer for the sea to come to me (and the non-existent maritime base in my backyard) than for me to go to the sea.  After all, that's just how the earth has turned for billions of years ya know!  Why change now?

No comments:

Post a Comment