08 March 2011

Your Author has Been...

Considering I fell off the face of the map in February, I guess I should clue you in to what I was doing with my limited "spare" time. 


I'm not going to lie when I say I am a huge Tom Clancy fan.  If I count correctly, this is the sixth novel I've read by the best modern writter (in my not so humble opinion) of the last 30 years. 

Originally published in 1986, the plot is based on a war of agression by Russia and against NATO (for reasons you'll have to read the book to find out).  If you've read the book Hunt for Red October (or seen the lame attempt at making it into a not so great movie) , you'll like this book as one that war games a conventional conflict between the super powers of the cold war.  If you are at all interested in naval tactics, specifically sub warfare, than you better block out some time and hide from your spouse (though I do thank my wife for being understanding when my nose is into a good book).  If you like something that will make you turn the pages one after the other, and you don't consider yourself a heavy novel reader like myself, you'll enjoy this historical "what if."  

I have also started another book right after finishing this one; a biography on Ike.  So, I'll offer a quick blurb about that once finished.  And yes, dear reader, I have not forgotten about a book I told you I started many moons ago.  That one will proceed after I finish Ike's biography. 

Until the next "book club" update, happy reading. 

No comments:

Post a Comment